Whispers from the heart

Ocassional conversations with my heart. Never heart-wrenching and heart-breaking. Always light-hearted and hearty. Ever thankful for your heart-felt support.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The WEE-wee Saga

I have gone into semi-retirement on my blog. Or more truthfully, I have less motivation to write about the events around me because Singapore has lost its hold on me slowly ...

Yesterday, my son sent me his response on the WEE-wee saga. He hails from the same esteemed institution of learning as Miss Wee. But, he confessed he lacked good spelling and grammar skills. He hoped to make up for it through sincerity and humility. He hopes RJC would not be downgraded to an elitist scumbag school like ACS was, once. (son, no worry lah, your PM would make sure it does not happen, even if we spend a few million bucks to rebrand it).

So, here it is. My son's take. Yes, it's taken from Ms Wee's original entry. He thinks she writes very well but his mom knows her punctuations better. (Yeap, your mom was schooled in RGS, too. The only elitist thing she has, is a MP father who has little time to inculcate the right values in her and hopefully not because those were his values).

Well, my son's tribute to the other class of elites, the peasants of Singapore ...

mom's friend sent her some blog post by some bleeding stupid 18-year old singaporean called Elite- wee (WHY do all the idiots become Elites, why?!) whining about how singapore is such a paradise, how elites (ie, 83 of them and more, all wearing white) leeched from their well-paid jobs, how the pool of singkie peasants (dismissively chucked between inverted commas) is really a tsunami that will consume them all (no actually he didn't say that, he probably said THAT'S THE BRUTAL TRUTH, DEARIE.), how the reason why everyone wants elite kids is that they're the only bunch in this world immuned to fragile ricebowls, how the government really needs to save elites from inevitable boredom of wearing white but they aren't because they are peanuts-shoved-up-ass elites who control how their wardrobe works, yadayadayadayada.i am inclined - too much, perhaps - to dismiss such people as crackpots. stupid crackpots. the sadder class. too often singaporeans - both the neighborhood poor and 66.6% socialites who sell their souls for upgraded lifts - kid themselves into believing that our society, like most others, is compartmentalized by breeding. ridiculous. we are not a tyranny of the academically capable and the clever, we, the peasants are the upper class, their masters with the whip.sad Wee attracted more than 50 comments praising him for his poignant views, egging in a chorus of rejoinders that climax at the accusation of lack of peasant intelligence in the form of good spelling and grammar because his all-too-true views had been rejected by the singkie forum. while i tend to gripe about how we only have one functioning 83-yr old elite in the cabinet (he issues all visions for Singapore), i think the main reason for its lack of recognition was that his incensed diatribe was written in pathetic little scraps that passed off as sentences, with poor spelling and no grammar. there was also a total lack of sensitivity to peasant feelings.WEE, wee, wee darling, how can you expect to have an iron ricebowl or a solid future if you cannot empathise accordingly? to become the top drawer in the cabinet, one need to suck ass with the right sensitivity level. didn’t your father teach you this?

if you're an elitist, life will give you less balls. that's just how things go. there's no point in lambasting the peasants for making your paradise one that is, i quote, "far too intellectually unstimulating lacking good spelling and grammar". it's the same everywhere. yes mediocrity exists, and it is sad, but most of the time if people like you are preferred over others, it's because you made it so. it's so sad when people like Elite-wee lament the kind of world that singapore will be if we make it so uncertain for them. go be friggin dictator in another peesai, if uncertainty of success offends you so much - you will certainly be proclaimed a talent and a visionary. More so if you are a knuckledusters-wearing-bully in a cul de sac, which, given your ball-less elitist penchant, i doubt. then again, it's easy for me to say. my future isn't in leeching on the system but i guess right now it's a lot brighter than most elite's. Wee will read this and brand me as an 18-year old peasant, one of the quitters who will chabo the country. go ahead. the world is about winners and losers. it's only sad when people who could be winners are marginalised and oppressed by the elites. is dear Wee repentant? has dear Wee been denied a right of reply? has dear Wee been forced into shutting his blog? has dear Wee had his political career massacred by the government?i should think not. dear Wee is one of many wretched, undermotivated, overassuming leeches in our country, and in this world. one of those who would prefer to be waxing lyrical about how his myriad talents are being abandoned for a life of serving the peasants, instead of earning a decent, stable living as a Elite professional. it's not even about being a representative of the people. these shitbags don't want anything without "$$" and a guaranteed risk-free career.


please, get your fucking elite uncaring face off this tiny dot.

Actually, the language is atrocious. I have counselled my son accordingly too. :) As for the basic point, there is one, in black.


,

37 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is hilarious. And very clever too. Congratulations to your son - looks like RJC students do live up to their formidable academic reputation.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahahaha.. this article is very well written, to follow the exact same style and language as that from the WEE girl, and yet reflect a totally different content and mindset.

    While WEE's father claimed that the only thing wrong was her daughter's use of strong language, and that her basic content is correct, you have just shown the whole world that THE CONVERSE IS TRUE. You've shown that even if you use strong language, the public is going to respect you because what you says resonate with the average working class in Singapore!!!!!!

    AWESOME blog... wish you could circulate what you wrote elsewhere too...

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha..you have a very smart son...

     
  • At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An excellent article to be congratulated.

    You have a promising son. Hope he will not be roped in to join the elite circle. The PAP are constantly on the look out for talents. Hope your son will not be tempted by $$$$ inducement when he finishes RJC.

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Whispers from the heart said…

    Thanks.

    My son is very publicity-shy. He just wanted to provide a right of reply to the offending entry on behalf of those not blessed with good spelling and grammar.

    We hope that Singaporeans do not willingly become marginalised just because a handful think that some are born to be weak, and that's too bad!

    Everyone should be given an equal opportunity to turn brutal reality around. That should be the spirit of our nation building.

     
  • At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha...I like the "top drawer in the cabinet" bit most.

    Better ask your son to keep all his private photographs away from the netizens.

    Otherwise the girls will swoon all over him.

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    there 's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for singapore, at last...need more peasants like ur son

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THANKS for making my day!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Make sure your son hates HIP HOP!

    Cheers!
    DOM the clown

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    stupid. immuned to fragile ricebowls? not grammatical. unless you intend to say immunised to fragile ricebowls, which is even more ridiculous.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    anonymous 9:51 AM

    You sound like another one of those 18-year-old "kids" nit-picking on others and in the process failed to see the big picture and empathize with your heart.

    To me, this is a good read and I fully agree with the main point highlighted in black ;D

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger le radical galoisien said…

    addressing that same 9:51 anonymous, I'm afraid you have missed the point. It's intentionally written that way to mock Wee's rhetoric. Furthermore, it is grammatical if it's a neologism, it just would be marked wrong for having non-standard vocabulary. You need to go take a look at Noam Chomsky's definitions of grammar.

    that said, I liked the piece, but got room for improvement. I got confused where it started referring to Wee as a male, or maybe it was intentional? :D

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Whispers from the heart said…

    Which WEE is my son referring to? :)

    The saga started with a very small wee's woes ...

    Then, a potential BIG WEE came along ...

    Then, we have a REALLY BIG WEE who further messed things up.

    Thus, it was titled WEE-wee saga.

    I hate elites, especially those self-proclaimed. I taught my son the same values.

    We don't mind being peasants because we are descendants of a peasant from China. I will tell my story soon.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you came out of your semi-retirement, whispers. Miss reading your posts.

    Kudos to your son. Your son is indeed very blessed to have parents like you both.

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We will do well to remember this:

    "we are not a tyranny of the academically capable and the clever, we, the peasants are the upper class, their masters with the whip."

    When we next visit the ballot box with a bunch of sweet carrots dangled in front of the polling station.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Aaron said…

    Upbringing is so important. How did one RJC student turn out so different from another?

    Thankfully, your son is a case in point that Ms Wee is probably a mutant RJC strain.

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    3 cheers for your son.

    Only if you could become the mother-in-law of that girl....
    I'll send you some 60's videos of Cantonese drama starring Lei Heong Kum for inspirationsi.

    Then that girl will really learn her lesson.

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger Whispers from the heart said…

    I do feel sad for Ms Wee but sadder for Mr WEE.

    A parent's greatest gift to her child is not material wealth.

    Singaporean parents are too obsessed with the chase to know what matters more.

    Most of us should really take some time to ponder what is important - this applies to the government, the parents and the young out there.

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger yuene said…

    Whispers, if I have your permission, I'd like to post up the post onto an online forum? I think it is a pretty great parody!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    somehow I have the nagging worry that WSM is NOT an exception. are there more WSM amongst the rafflesian?

    see this blog:
    http://shadowbamf.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Whispers from the heart said…

    yuene,

    You can. But, seriously, Ms Wee provided the motivation and the netizens; the message.

    The words used, should be quite familiar to us - singkies, peasants etc especially those from the Sammyboy Coffee shop!

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaron, the 'mutant' strain is fast evolving and replicating.

    She's not the only one with that elitist attitude, who 'coincidentally' comes from RJC.

    check out http://shadowbamf.blogspot.com
    one of her juniors.


    enjoy. ;)

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh btw how old is your son?

    he he he...

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Whispers,
    from what I read on your blog, you and your family definitely belong to wise and highly educated group. I enjoy reading your blog, please do write more. Reading your blog cheer me up.
    Yes, the word of the wise is priceless.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Conclusion (The Brutal Truth): Mr. Wee (MP) has failed as a father, MP, and fellow singaporean. He brought up a brat that soon will become liability of society. Enuff said, now, get off from my caring humble commoner face.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you so much for sharing! This WEE-wee saga is the tip of the iceberg of recent events such as the FTs furore, ShinCorp intransparency, MSM gagging that tipped the scales for this peasant to become yet another quitter-in-waiting.

    Thank you to your son too, for being a shiny contrast. A different result from an "elitist" education... one that understand the inter-dependency of survival, thanks to a solid value system inculcated at home. Guess who is the real loser in parenting?

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger nofearSingapore said…

    Hi Whispers,
    I am mortally hurt by your words about my alma mater, ACS.
    Anyway, I don't think any schools can be as elitist as the two R's and their JC.
    Although we did have our fair share of rich ( ok, maybe more than we need), there are kids from poor families like mine who took the public transport like everyone else. ( and from Pr. 1 at that)

    Dr.Huang

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hiya all..

    I dunno what the wee wee saga was about - my friend just sent it to me because my alma mater is mentioned.

    First things first - Waaahh. You all dun need to sleep is it?

    Second - to aaron, i agree with j - she's not a mutant RJC strain. there's plenty who's like her. Thankfully there's plenty like whispers' son as well.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, Whispers. This is great. It is funny and it is so well written in WSM 'style'.

    If you genuinely have a son in RJC who wrote this, tell him that I admire his ways with language. If it is you who wrote this, I admire your ways with language. Well done.

    I am glad I stumbled onto your blog. I will definitely be reading more of your entries.

    I, too, have a son in RJC, who is not in humanities and unfortunately cannot write like this, a little like his father, I'm afraid. I was worried when I first read Ms Wee's piece about Derek's blog. Worried for Singapore and worried about my son potentially mixing with such uncaring, insensitive bright young girl who has no capacity to empathise with a fellow human being.

    The bigger WEE made a blunder by not recognising, acknowledging and truly apologising in this first instance. However, I must speak up for parents. While he must bear some of the responsibilities for his daughter's terrible attitude, he cannot be wholly responsible for all that she said. I know only too well the little control I have over my children beyond a certain age and 18 is definitely past this certain age.

    It heartens me that there are so many Singaporeans who sees her for what she is, elitist and all. Particularly in some as young as she is. We still have hope. We should all remember this name, Wee Shu Min well. I fear, given Singapore's government's track record, that someone like her will be a prime candidate for our future elections. If that day should come, she will have to work doubly hard to convince me she is no longer the Wee Shu Min of 2006 before I will even consider voting for her.

    For the record, I am a old Rafflesian myself. In some ways, RI has made me a better person but sadly, that cannot be said of some of the people in RJC today.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Whispers from the heart said…

    Hi 40+,

    My son is in RJC but not 18 yet.

    I share your feelings about how parents cannot exert any influence over their kids over a certain age.

    I left my job to bring up my child. I felt that values and principles are best left to the parents to inculcate. Our school system is too results-focused to give any child the EQ that is needed to be a better person.

    And a better person makes everyone's living better.

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nurture vs nature - that is the question I still do not have an answer to. I have 3 children, all by the same set of parents :) but each an individual.

    Years ago, when I was a new parent, I said to myself that I must be fair to my children and one way to do this is to treat them the same. I have since changed my opinion. I cannot treat them the same because they're different. We bring them up in the same settings but they are growing up to be very different.

    I share with my friends my opinion that parenting is the biggest project of our lives as parents (and boy), are we poorly equipped to do the job. We go to school, go for training and retraining for academic pursuits and to learn skills to stay relevant but there is no training for being parents when it is probably the biggest challenge of our lives.

    We learn from our parents through our own experiences but in some things our parents didn't know any better. Times have also changed. Our children lives in very different environment and social settings. Expectations are different, too. So much have changed between the times I was a kid and my children's times.

    After 3 sets of diapers changing years spanning almost 20 years, I'm still stumbling along as a parent.

    I agree that our education system remains wanting in terms of teaching our children certain EQ skills and how to be a better person. Hence I respect your choice to leave your job and devote years to being a better parent. I hope it has been rewarding and fruitful for you and your son.

    A wise homemaker, great writer and a humorous one to boot! Tell your hubby and kid, they are fortunate to have you! Keep blogging!

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi - just like many Singaporeans like yourself, I am most disturbed by this issue. Its sad that you say 'Singapore is slowly losing her hold on you'. I do hope you will continue to dissect issues like we all do. After all, it only affects us because welove our coutnry.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm no elitist but I wouldn't call myself a peasant either.

    I do recall reading about this elite thingy, in the press.

    You may not have noticed it and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this. When a puppy wee wee, she creates a little puddle. When the puppy's mom(or dad) wee wees, the puddle is a lot bigger.

    Nice post, Whisper.

    ps: I wouldn't mind listening to your heart too.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is this what you are teaching your son? You are no different from the elite girl's family.

    As much as i hate the issues of elites in singapore, i also hate whining singaporeans like you.

     
  • At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen to that.

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

    John 8:7

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow using flawless language to criticise. Pls take some time to reflect on own actions

     

Post a Comment

<< Home