Whispers from the heart

Ocassional conversations with my heart. Never heart-wrenching and heart-breaking. Always light-hearted and hearty. Ever thankful for your heart-felt support.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Stand up for Singapore and understand, Singaporeans!

I am a huge fan of Lucky Tan. Get to know him here.

He is also one of the three most misunderstood Singaporeans, after LKY and CSJ.

His latest plea to Singaporeans to make an effort to understand is very timely because once Singaporeans understand that accepting immigration is all for our own good, we can move on. The MSM can start to entertain us with some other more interesting news like more murder and rape cases in our tiny red dot of an island.

I am more a 'fun and buzz' type of person. Afterall, I have paid my taxes to employ million dollar ministers to solve my problems. We are in good hands, aren't we?.

So, to help Tan and our PM out, I reproduce an earlier comment in his blog to further illustrate where Singaporeans have failed to understand, thus causing a slowdown in our economy.

"Singaporeans have problems understanding the following:

1 a few hundreds is better than zero

2 mee siam can have hum

3 foreigners are talents

4 selling tissue and cleaning toilets are respectable jobs only locals are qualified to do

5 PRC kids need their mothers to sit beside them to study. They are very resilient and can solve their own problems.

6 Breaking the law to operate food stalls is talent because they create jobs.

7 how to produce low-cost babies

8 Singapore is big enough to have a population of 10 million one day

9 what the MSM is singing everyday

10 what is good for them is better for the foreigners and best for PAP!

I hope fellow Singaporeans can take some free time to actively identify those which you do not understand and well, just understand them.

You might start with just repeating the most crucial one "What is good for me is better for the foreigners and best for PAP" about a thousand times a day. You will find a different perspective. No!? reapeat the process and try harder .... you can't be that stupid.

,

6 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said…

    ya i've given up trying to change the place here, though one can also make a difference.

    so i guess, immigration is still the best policy for us, and those whites will be SUPER happy to see us go.

    wahhahaha

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Whispers from the heart said…

    Hi,

    thanks for visiting. I worked in a bank, long time ago.

    I hate to say it, I told my son the same thing too.

    Be a global citizen, by all means. Most Singaporeans can make it anywhere in the world. We are not stupid.

    The government is trying to make us stupid, though.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said…

    same sentiments. will pop by for more :)

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    I oso great fan of lucky tan.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must say you rock man! Such a cool mother! haha

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Whispers from the heart said…

    Yep ... I'm still learning!

    Must plug into the digital age mah.

    My son is challenging me to do podcasts, animation and what not ...

    Slow and steady lah ... will get there one day at 73, hehe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home